The state government of Madhya Pradesh has launched a water conservation campaign called ‘Jalabhishekam’, under which more than 57,000 water structures has been constructed. The campaign was inaugurated by the Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh virtually.
WARRIOR 5.0 Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams Banking Awareness Online Coaching | Bilingual
About the Campaign:
- Water conservation work is being undertaken with public participation and will be helpful in achieving the goal of building self-reliant Madhya Pradesh.
- The Campaign will also fulfil the intention of ‘water for every farm and work for every hand’.
- The water structures were created during COVID era by linking the work with the MNREGA scheme.
- These water structures cost over Rs. 2,000 crore and will irrigate 2.50 lakh hectares of land without submerging an inch of land.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Shivraj Singh Chouhan; Governor: Anandiben Patel.