Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar 2022
The Rashtriya Khanij is introduced by the Union Ministry of Mines. It is a national award to promote and facilitate mining all over the country. The Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar 2022 is introduced to encourage the states that take the initiative in the exploration, auction, and operationalization of mineral blocks.
There are three categories of minerals to which the Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar will be awarded. The awards for the year 2018-2020 and 2020-2021 have been given during the 6th National Conclave on Mines & Minerals, which was held on 12th July 2022. A total of ₹18 crores was awarded as prize money to different states.
Gujarat received the 1st prize in Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar for the auction of Minor Minerals from Hon’ble Home Minister Shri Amit Shah.
Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar 2022: Prize Money
- First Position- Rs 3 crore
- Second Position – Rs 2 crore
- Third Position – Rs 1 crore
Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar 2022: Incentives for States for Mineral Auction
The government has decided to provide incentives to the states to encourage them to auction mineral blocks. The incentives are given below.
- The states where potential mineral blocks are available for auction will be given Rs 20 lakh.
- The states will be given Rs 20 lakh for each successful auction of the mineral block.
- For conducting an auction subjected to a maximum of Rs 5 lakh for each block that was put up for auction but could not be successfully auctioned will be given reimbursement of 50% of the Transaction Advisor fee.
- A total of Rs 21.02 crore has been released by the center for the states in the above categories during the 6th National Conclave on Mines & Minerals.
Rashtriya Khanij Puraskar 2022: 6th National Conclave on Mines & Minerals
The 6th National Conclave on Mines & Minerals was organized by the Ministry of Mines on 12th July 2022 in New Delhi. The event was facilitated by the union home minister Shri. Amit Shah as Chief Guest. The Union Minister of Mines, Coal, and Parliamentary Affairs Shri Prahlad Joshi inaugurated the one-day conclave.