The Reserve Bank of India will evaluate the impact of multi-media public awareness campaign ‘RBI Kehta Hai’, which was launched in 14 languages to educate the public about safe banking and financial practices. As part of the campaign, messages have been launched on basic savings bank deposit accounts, customer liability in unauthorised electronic banking transactions, safe digital banking practices, banking facilities for senior citizens, banking ombudsman scheme, and cybersecurity, among others.
About ‘RBI Kehta Hai’ campaign:
- ‘RBI Kehta Hai’ was the first even 360-degree campaign initiated by the central bank using all mass media, including media such as television, radio, newspapers, hoardings, web banners, gifs, social media and SMS.
- In order to evaluate the impact of the public awareness campaign, the RBI has invited Expression of Interest (EoI) from eligible companies and other entities which have successfully completed at least five similar projects.
- The RBI had launched the multi-media campaign with a view to creating awareness among common man about good practices, regulations and initiatives in banking and financial sector.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Governor of RBI: Shaktikanta Das.
- Deputy Governors of RBI: BP Kanungo, MK Jain, MD Patra and Rajeshwar Rao.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.