Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has set up India’s first COVID-19 dedicated hospital in Mumbai. Reliance Foundation opens this Hospital in collaboration with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in Mumbai. This hospital is funded by Reliance Foundation, the COVID-19 facility includes a negative pressure room that helps in preventing cross-contamination and helps control infection.
Important facts of the Hospital:
- All beds are equipped with the required infrastructure, bio-medical equipment such as ventilators, pacemakers, dialysis machine and patient monitoring devices.
- The foundation has also offered to set up special medical facilities to quarantine travellers from notified countries and suspected cases through contact tracing to quickly augment additional facilities for isolation and treatment of infected patients.
- RIL has also built a fully-equipped isolation facility in Lodhivali, Maharashtra.
- Reliance Life Sciences is importing additional test kits and consumables for effective testing. Doctors and researchers are also working overtime to find a cure for this deadly virus.
- RIL is also helping authorities and working for effective testing of the virus. RIL has also announced initial support of Rs 5 crores to Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to combat coronavirus spread.
- The company has deployed the combined strengths of Reliance Foundation, reliance Retail, Jio, Reliance Life Sciences, Reliance Industries and all 6 lakh members of the Reliance family on the action plan against COVID-19.
- The company is enhancing its production capacities to produce 100,000 face-masks per day and a large number of personal protective equipment for the nation’s health workers to equip them further to fight coronavirus.
- Reliance Foundation also promised to provide free meals to people across various cities in partnership with NGOs to offer necessary livelihood relief in the current crisis situation.
- RIL’s Jio is collaborating with Microsoft Teams to support social distancing and its groceries will remain open to provide essential items to people.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Reliance Industries Ltd Founder: Dhirubhai Hirachand Ambani.
- Reliance Industries Ltd Chief Executive Officer(CEO): Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani.
- Reliance Industries Ltd Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.