The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Pralay Mondal as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of CSB Bank for three years. He was the Deputy Managing Director of the bank since February 17, 2022, and was subsequently appointed as interim MD & CEO with effect from April 1, 2022. Prior to joining CSB Bank, Mondal was Executive Director and Head, of Retail Banking at Axis Bank.
Experience of Pralay Mondal:
- At CSB Bank, Mondal has been working on expanding retail franchise distribution and branches, building technology platforms with a larger focus on digital initiatives towards automation and centralisation of processes.
- Mondol has around 30 years of banking experience across businesses and functions, including retail assets, retail liabilities, business banking products and technology.
- Before Axis Bank, he was the senior group president and head of retail and business banking at Yes Bank, wherein he was instrumental in setting up the entire retail franchise in a short period of time. Prior to Yes Bank, he has worked at HDFC Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Wipro InfoTech and Colgate Palmolive.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- CSB Bank Founded: 26 November 1920;
- CSB Bank Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala.