Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) have entered into a long-term partnership to enable the holistic growth of athletics in India. The partnership aims to discover, nurture and develop Indian athletes from across the country and provide them with world-class facilities, coaching and sports science and medicine support by leveraging the Reliance Foundation ecosystem including the Odisha Reliance Foundation Athletics High-Performance Center and Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital.
Reliance Industries’ contribution towards sports:
- In line with the larger vision of the organization, this partnership will have a special focus on girl athletes and aim to bridge the gender divide and enable them to achieve their dreams.
- Since 2017, Reliance Foundation has invested in the development of athletics through the Reliance Foundation Youth Sports programme reaching more than 5,500 educational institutes in 50+ districts across the country.
- In 2018, Reliance Foundation set up Odisha Reliance Foundation Athletics HPC, a high-performance centre in partnership with the Government of Odisha, from where multiple national and international medalists and national record holders have been shaped.
- The Reliance Foundation has also been supporting the AFI with sports science and medicine support, with physiotherapists from Reliance Foundation accompanying the Indian contingent to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Reliance Industries Limited Founded: 8 May 1973;
- Reliance Industries Limited Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- Reliance Industries Limited Founder: Dhirubhai Ambani;
- Reliance Industries Limited Owner: Mukesh Ambani (50.49%).