Rohit Sharma led from the front as he scored his ninth Test century to become the first Indian captain to score hundreds in all formats. This was Rohit’s first three-digit score in the longest format of the game against Australia in the 1st Test of the four-match series for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha in Nagpur.
Rohit is the fourth overall to have scored centuries in all three formats as captain after Sri Lanka’s Tillakaratne Dilshan, South Africa’s Faf du Plessis and Pakistan’s Babar Azam.
- Rohit had scored his maiden ODI century as Indian captain against Sri Lanka on December 13, 2017, in Mohali, unbeaten on 208.
- In T20Is, his first and only century as Indian skipper also came against Sri Lanka on December 22, 2017, in Indore, as he smashed 118.
- Rohit had scored his maiden century in Test cricket way back more than nine years back in November 2013 against the West Indies at the Eden Garden, a majestic 177.
- He had scored his first double-century against South Africa in October 2019, a superb 212 at the JSCA International Stadium in Ranchi.
- Rohit Sharma has scored 30 hundreds overall in one-day internationals.