Sam Curran breaks all the records and became the most expensive cricketer ever to be bought by any franchise of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Sam Curran is a 24-year-old English Cricketer who was bought by Punjab Kings on the first day of the IPL auction for ₹18.5 crores. The IPL auctions for the 2023 season are being held in Kerala.
Sam Curran Breaks IPL Auction Records and Becomes Most Expensive Cricketer- Key Points
- Sam Curran has broken the record of Ishan Kishan who was bought for ₹15.25 crore by Mumbai Indians.
- Punjab Kings Director Ness Wadia said that Same Curran is one of the best all-rounder players in the world and will bring good balance to our team.
- Other than Sam Curran, Cameron Green was bought by Mumbai Indians for ₹17.50 crore and Ben Stokes was bought by Chennai Super Kings for ₹16.25 crore.
- Gujarat Titans bought Shivam Mavi for ₹6 crore and Joshua Little for ₹4.4 crore.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore bought Will Jacks for ₹3.2 crores.
- Mayank Dagar was sold to Sunrises Hyderabad for ₹1.8 crores.
- The IPL auctions were conducted on 23rd December 2023.
- For the 2023 session of IPL auctions, a total of 405 players were to be actioned.
- Out of these players, 273 were Indian players, and 132 were overseas players. Four players were from associate nations.
- IPL 2023 will begin in March 2023 which is sponsored by Tata.
About Sam Curran
Samuel Matthew Curran is an English Cricketer who plays for England in all formats. He was born on 3rd June 1998 in Northampton. On 23rd December 2022, he became the highest bid in the history of the Indian Premier League. He was bought by Punjab Kings for ₹18.5. He has earlier played for Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings.