NHPC Limited has been awarded as the winner of the ‘Best Globally Competitive Power Company of India-Hydropower and Renewable Energy Sector’ at PRAKASHmay 15th Enertia Awards 2022. On the behalf of NHPC, Shri U.S. Sahi, Executive Director (EMS/CC/CSR) received the award. The event was held at the New Delhi Institute of Management, New Delhi on 22nd December 2022.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
NHPC Won Best Globally Competitive Power Company of India Award- Key Points
- The award has been conferred to NHPC in recognition of its leadership in the hydropower sector.
- NHPC has a gross asset class renewable energy capacity of more than 7000 MW.
- The award also recognizes that NHPC has more than 5000 MW of projects under construction and an ambitious 7000-plus plan for solar capacity addition.
- The award was given by Shri V.M. Bansal, Chairman, of the New Delhi Institute of Management.
- The event was also felicitated by Shri K. Vijayanand, Special Chief Secretary, Energy, Government of Andhra Pradesh, and Shri A.K.Singh, former CMD, NHPC.
15th Enertia Awards 2022
PRAKASHmay 15th Enertia Awards 2022 aims to recognize Hydropower projects as major renewable energy assets that enable sustainable development goals through renewable energy portfolio growth.
The 15th Enertia Awards 2022 was organized by the ENERTIA Foundation and supported by the Renewable Energy Promotion Association and the New Delhi Institute of Management.