Senior India defender, Sandesh Jhingan was named the AIFF men’s Footballer of the Year 2020-21 season. It is the first time that the towering central defender has received the AIFF Player of the Year award, having won the Emerging Player of the Year Award in 2014.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Jhingan made his senior national team debut in 2015 in Guwahati and has since gone on to make 40 appearances for the Blue Tigers, scoring four goals.
- He was part of the Indian sides that lifted the Intercontinental Cup in 2018 and played out a memorable draw at the home of the Asian champions Qatar in 2019.
- Jhingan has captained the senior team on five occasions, the most recent being the international friendly against Oman in Dubai in March. He was conferred with the prestigious Arjuna Award last year.
While midfielder Suresh Singh Wangjam was picked as the Emerging Player for the year award for 2020-21. The 20-year-old Suresh, who made his Blue Tigers debut earlier this year against Oman, was part of the Indian side that competed at the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- All India Football Federation President: Praful Patel.
- All India Football Federation Founded: 23 June 1937.
- All India Football Federation Headquarters: Dwarka, Delhi.