Shohidul Islam, a fast bowler for Bangladesh was sentenced to a ten-month suspension after admitting to violating Article 2.1 of the ICC Anti-Doping Code. He participated in one T20 match for Bangladesh. Mohammad Rizwan, a Pakistani batter, was the only one he was able to dismiss, but Bangladesh went on to lose the game and the series 0-3.
- Shohidul‘s sample included Clomifene, a drug that is forbidden in both competitive and non-competitive matches.
- The drug was taken by means of medication for which he has a prescription.
- Shohidul was exonerated of having plans to take the medicine for enhancement because he was using it for medicinal purposes.
About Shohidul Islam:
- Shohidul Islam is a Bangladeshi cricketer competes for Dhaka Metropolis.
- In November 2021, Shohidul Islam made his international cricket debut for the Bangladesh cricket team.
- Due to a doping offence, Shohidul Islam was barred from participating in any form of cricket for 10 months starting on 28 May 2022 in July 2022.