Zimbabwe’s all-rounder Sikandar Raza and Australian all-rounder Tahlia McGrath have been declared the winners of the ICC Player of the month award for August 2022 in their respective categories. Raza has become the first Zimbabwe International to receive the honours and has been key for Zimbabwe during the month. Meanwhile, McGrath has also been a pivotal cog in the Australian team’s journey during August.
ICC Player of the month award for August: Sikandar Raza
Raza has had a tremendous time at the 22-yards. He scored centuries against Bangladesh and India in the home ODI series and has also scalped a few wickets. His two tons against Bangladesh in a three-match series helped Zimbabwe defeat the Bangla Tigers by 2-1. Raza also notched up a ton against India in three ODIs. He has also picked seven wickets.
ICC Player of the month award for August: Tahlia McGrath
Meanwhile, Tahlia McGrath has also had a memorable month as she helped her team to win the Gold medal in the Birmingham Commonwealth Games. McGrath has scored 128 runs in her team’s journey towards the yellow metal and has eight five batters packing during the tournament.
ICC Men’s Player of the Previous Month:
- January 2022: Keegan Petersen (South Africa)
- February 2022: Shreyas Iyer (India)
- March 2022: Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- April 2022: Keshav Maharaj (South Africa)
- May 2022: Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)
- June 2022: Jonny Bairstow (England)
- July 2022: Prabath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka)
ICC Women’s Player of the Previous Month:
- January 2022: Heather Knight (England)
- February 2022: Amelia Kerr (New Zealand)
- March 2022: Rachael Haynes (Australia)
- April 2022: Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- May 2022: Tuba Hassan (Pakistan)
- June 2022: Marizanne Kapp (South Africa)
- July 2022: Emma Lamb (England)
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- ICC Founded: 15 June 1909;
- ICC Chairman: Greg Barclay;
- ICC CEO: Geoff Allardice;
- ICC Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.