Web publication released by RBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) published a web publication on the activities of the Indian banking sector called Statistical Tables relating to Banks in India: 2021-22’ The publication includes details of priority sector advances for scheduled commercial banks, except regional rural banks, together with entity-specific information on the main categories of liabilities and assets, along with their maturity profile, income, and expenses.
Web Publication by RBI: ‘Statistical Tables relating to Banks in India: 2021-22’
- Contingent liabilities and unclaimed deposits are also included, along with capital-to-risk-weighted asset ratios, non-performing assets, exposure to sensitive industries, and so on.
- The consolidated balance statement of rural cooperative banks is also shown, broken down by state.
- The publication is available on the RBI website at https://dbie.rbi.org.in, where the time series on all variables have been updated up to 2021–2022.
- The publication may be viewed using the link “Time Series Publications” under the Database on Indian Economy.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI): Important Takeaways
- RBI founded in: 1 April, 1935
- RBI Chairman: Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharashtra