In order to promote environmental sustainability, Union Minister Bhupender Yadav took part in the “Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar” campaign in Puducherry. The 75-day “Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar” campaign is an effort led by citizens with the goal of enhancing coastal and ocean health through collective activity. The International Coastal Cleanup Day, which is on September 17, 2022, will mark the culmination of the Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar campaign, which began on July 5, 2022.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar: Key Points
- At the Promenade Beach, a massive beach cleaning initiative including over 200 Puducherry schoolchildren, NCC cadets, Scouts, and Guides, as well as government representatives and regular beachgoers, was held, as per Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar campaign.
- At the Promenade beach, schoolchildren and beachgoers signed the pledge “I Am Saving My Beach” in both English and Tamil to commemorate the Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar campaign.
- The awarding of the painting competition’s prizes came next.
- The dignitaries also signalled the start of a walkathon by 100 schoolchildren, cyclists, and a float on “Connecting with the Ocean.”
- During the minister’s visit, Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan, the Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry, and Thiru. N. Rangaswamy, the Chief Minister of Puducherry, were also present for the Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar campaign.
Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar: Campaign Leadership
- The Indian Coast Guard, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), as well as other central organisations and social organisations, are all involved in the Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar campaign’s leadership.
- According to the Prime Minister’s global initiative on the “lifestyle for environment (LiFE) Movement,” which calls for human-centric and collaborative efforts to boost sustainable development, the goal is to target lifestyle and behavioural changes that support environmental sustainability through Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar campaign.
- Under the auspices of the “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav,” a coastal clean-up campaign is being conducted at 75 beaches around the coastline with an average of 75 volunteers for every kilometre of shoreline.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry: Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief Minister of Puducherry: Thiru. N. Rangaswamy
- Union Cabinet Minister of Labour and Employment, Environment, Forest and Climate Change: Shri Bhupender Yadav
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees