Tamil Nadu has emerged as the only state in India which has achieved the target for 2022 Q1 and Q2 for Jal Jeevan Mission, with 69.57 lakh households provided with tap connections. Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat visited Chennai and reviewed the progress of the work on the Jal Jeevan Mission for assured portable Tap water supply to every rural household by 2024.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to the Successful Jal Jeevan Mission of Tamil Nadu.
- Out of 1.25 crore households in Tamil Nadu, 69.57 lakh households have received tap water connections in Tamil Nadu.
- The percentage of households with tap water connection is higher than the national average.
- The target set by the Union government for Q1 and Q2 for 2022 was 12.1 lakh tap connections and registering 134% of that.
- The target set for 2022-2023 in Tamil Nadu is 28.48 lakh connections.
- Currently, the implementation of 14.44 lakh tap connections is underway.
- Out of 12,525 villages in Tamil Nadu, the state has reported 2,663 Villages as ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Villages with tap water connection in 100% of households.