The third World Kuchipudi Natyotsavam was organized for three days in Vijayawada. The World Kuchipudi Natyotsavam starts on 14th October 2022. The Kuchipudi dance festival is being organized in commemoration of the 93rd birth anniversary of world-renowned Kuchipudi dance artist Vempati China Satyam.
Key Points related to the World Kuchipudi Natyotsavam
- The World Kuchipudi Natyotsavam is being organized by the collaboration of the Department of Culture, Government of Andhra Pradesh, Kuchipudi Art Academy, and Jayaho Bharateeyam.
- More than 3,000 Kuchipudi dancers from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will take part in the Kuchipudi Dance Festival.
- The Kuchipudi dance students will give ‘Maha Brinda Natyam’ which is a grand performance on each day.
- Two dances choreographed by China Satyam will be performed by them.
- The two dances are Pedda Vinayaka Kautham and Koluvaitiva.
- Each day 1000 students would present their performance and every day, there will be a new set of students in the ‘Maha Brinda Natyam’.