Home   »   Business Current Affairs & News   »   Tata Consumer Products Acquires 100% Stake...

Tata Consumer Products Acquires 100% Stake in Capital Foods for ₹5,100 Crore

Tata Consumer Products Ltd (TCPL), on January 12, revealed its plans to acquire a 100% stake in Capital Foods, renowned for brands such as ‘Ching’s Secret’ and ‘Smith & Jones,’ for a substantial ₹5,100 crore. The strategic acquisition is structured in phases, with an initial 75% equity shareholding secured upfront and the remaining 25% to be acquired over the next three years.

Strategic Vision and Diversification

Aligned with TCPL’s broader vision to diversify its product offerings, this move aims to tap into rapidly growing and high-margin segments within the packaged foods sector. Capital Foods, a prominent player in this domain, boasts robust brands and a diverse product range tailored for in-home consumption.

Noteworthy Brands and Market Presence

‘Ching’s Secret,’ a Desi Chinese market leader, spans categories like Chutneys, Blended Masalas, Sauces, and Soups. Simultaneously, ‘Smith & Jones’ gains traction for in-home cooking of Italian and Western cuisines. Capital Foods’ portfolio commands top positions in five significant categories.

Important Questions Related to Exams

  1. Who recently acquired a 100% stake in Capital Foods for ₹5,100 crore?
  2. What is the structured approach for the acquisition, involving the percentage of equity shares upfront and over the next three years?
  3. Which brands does Capital Foods own, and in what cuisines are they prominent?

Kindly share your responses in the comment section.

 

Tata Consumer Products Acquires 100% Stake in Capital Foods for ₹5,100 Crore_40.1

 

 

Tata Consumer Products Acquires 100% Stake in Capital Foods for ₹5,100 Crore_50.1

TOPICS: