Current Affairs   »   Business Current Affairs & News 2022   »   Tata Motors Complete acquisition of Marcopolo's...

Tata Motors Complete acquisition of Marcopolo’s Stake

Tata Motors Marcopolo was a JV between Tata Motors (India) and Marcopolo, its Brazilian partners. Tata motors have announced that now they have completed the Acquisition of the other part of the JV in the company Tata Motors Marcopolo where Tata Motors and Marcopolo have a 51:49 ownership ratio. Tata motors Marcopolo JV manufactured buses under the JV agreement. In 2006, Tata Motors and Marcopolo came together to form a JV to manufacture low-floor air-conditioned and air-conditioned buses in India.

The JV was also known as Tata Motors Marcopolo Ltd. (TMML), in which Tata Motors had a 51 percent share of the company and Marcopolo SA had the rest 49 percent share in JV. In December 2020, Marcopolo and Tata Motors came to an agreement, where Tata agreed to purchase the 49 percent share of Marcopolo in the JV for ₹100 crores.

Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks

The JV between Marcopolo and Tata Motors lasted 16 years. TMML has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Motors from 29th August 2022. The company has manufacturing facilities in Lucknow and Dharwad for building buses for which the essentials are supplied by Tata Motors. The buses marketed under these facilities are marketed under the product name Starbus and Starbus Ultra. The former Brazilian partner of Tata motors, Marcopolo SA, will continue to license the Macro polo trademarks to TMML for a minimum of three years with a non-compete provision in India.

Thank You, Your details have been submitted we will get back to you.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *