The government of Telangana invested swiftly to deploy India’s first automated “COVID-19 Monitoring System App” by Vera Smart Healthcare. The objective of this app is to identify patients, undertake live surveillance, track, monitor, and provide real-time analytics to the chief minister and the state health department.
How COVID-19 Monitoring System App works?
- Every single device connected with the platform screens 75-100 houses per day.
- The platform enables health workers to handle 50,000 calls/chatbot interactions per month.
- 1,500-2,000 Asha and ANM workers will be using this app at any given point of time.
- These workers will forward the information to around 4,800 PHC sub-centres from where it will be sent to one of the state’s 886 public health centres (PHCs).
- This data will then be shared with the concerned district medical health office for appropriate action.
- This user-friendly app has been developed by an early stage start-up Vera Smart Healthcare based out of Hyderabad and the US.
- The Monitoring System which is built on a digital platform erases human errors and provides accurate information.
- The quick turnaround, and the innovative psyche, has initiated improved surveillance, tracking – effective monitoring, and supervision.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Telangana: K Chandrasekhar Rao; Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan.
- Founder and CEO of Vera Healthcare: Dharma Teja Nukarapu.