Telangana became the top-performing state in India with a population over one crore in terms of the growth rate of Per Capita Net State Domestic Product at Current Prices by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI). It succeeded other states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu.
According to the MoSPI:
- The Gross State Domestic Price (GSDP) of Telangana increased from Rs 359434 crores in 2011-12 to Rs 1,154,860 crores in 2021-22. It recorded GSDP growth by 31.12 per cent from 2011-12. It is one of the highest growth rates for any state in the country.
- In terms of the percentage growth in GSDP, Telangana has shown the most rapid increase in its growth rate by around 17% from 2020 to the present.
- Major projects include Rythu Bandhu scheme for farmers, the world’s largest lift irrigation Kaleshwaram project to provide water to the fields, and the Arogya Laxmi scheme for pregnant and lactating women.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Telangana Capital: Hyderabad;
- Telangana Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan;
- Telangana Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao.