The third edition of the two-day Orange Festival has been organized in Nagaland’s Rusoma village to mark the harvest of organic oranges in the district. The orange festival was held from 24th to 25th January 2023. The orange festival is held to display the harvested oranges from the village.
Third Edition of Annual Orange Festival 2023 Celebrated in Nagaland – Key Points
- The Orange Festival was inaugurated by K. Neibu Sekhose, the Additional Director of the Department of Rural Development in Nagaland.
- The Rusoma village is situated about 8 kilometers from the state’s capital and cultivates pure organic oranges.
- K. Neibu Sekhose, informed that the orange harvest was less this year owing to the change in Climate conditions.
- The Rusoma village is blessed with fertile soil, and it is best for the cultivation of oranges.
- Around 70 hectares of land owned by 50 families are being used for the cultivation of organic oranges.
- The village generates an annual income of over 40 lakhs. A single orange tree bears 4000 to 5000 fruits.
- The local farmers have informed us that the orange plantation is not an easy venture and needs lots of hard work and dedication.