Turkey and Azerbaijan have begun joint military drills “Mustafa Kemal Ataturk – 2021” in Baku, deploying tanks, helicopters and drones in an effort to improve the two countries’ combat interoperability. The exercises involve up to 600 personnel in an effort to improve the allies’ combat interoperability.
The main purpose of the exercises is to improve the interaction between the two countries’ army units during combat operations, to develop the commanders’ military decision-making skills and their ability to manage military units.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Turkey President: Recep Tayyip Erdogan;
- Turkey Capital: Ankara;
- Turkey Currency: Turkish lira;
- Azerbaijan Capital: Baku;
- Azerbaijan Prime minister: Ali Asadov;
- Azerbaijan President: Ilham Aliyev;
- Azerbaijan Currency: Azerbaijani manat.