Home   »   Schemes and Committees Current Affairs 2023   »   Union Budget 2023-24 introduces MISHTI Scheme...

Union Budget 2023-24 introduces MISHTI Scheme for Mangrove Conservation

Where launched?

Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman introduced a new MISHTI (Mangrove Initiative for Shoreline Habitats & Tangible Incomes) scheme in the Union Budget 2023-24, presented on Wednesday (February 1).

Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams

Ministry: – Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC)

Launch Year: – 2023

Objectives: – The aim of the MISTHI (Mangrove Initiative for Shoreline Habitats & Tangible Incomes) Scheme is to protect and revive mangrove ecosystems on the Indian coast while enhancing the socio-economic status of nearby communities.

Beneficiaries: – Mangrove

Funding: – The Government of India covers 80% of the project cost, while the State Governments contribute the remaining 20%.

You may also read this:

Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees

Union Budget 2023-24 introduces MISHTI Scheme for Mangrove Conservation_40.1

Union Budget 2023-24 introduces MISHTI Scheme for Mangrove Conservation_50.1