Union Labour and Employment Minister Bhupendra Yadav inaugurated the Regional Office of Employees provident Fund Organization (EPFO) at Alwar, Rajasthan. The Regional Office will help more than 2 lakh workers, 12,000 establishments, and 8,500 pensioners from Alwar and the neighboring districts of Bharatpur and Dholpur.
The major industrial areas served by Regional Office are Bhiwadi, Khushkhera, Tapukara, Karoli, Neemrana, Behror, Gheelot, and Khairthal.
Union Labour Minister Inaugurated Regional Office of EPFO at Alwar- Key Points
- At the inaugural ceremony, Union Minister Bhupendra Yadav highlighted Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s vision of good governance providing governance and welfare services to the citizens at their doorstep.
- The upgradation of the EPFOs District Office at Alwar to the Regional Office will enable the workers and employers of Alwar, Bharatpur, and Dholpur districts to avail full scale of EPFO services.
- Labour Secretary Ms. Arti Ahuja informed that EPFO is the custodian of hard-earned savings of over 6.4 crore members and their families, who dip into this collective fund in vulnerable moments, which bestows an enormous responsibility on the organization.
- The aspiration and the needs of the members have fueled and driven EPFO’s vision to innovate and launch a series of initiatives.
- The EPFO is an innovative driven-social security organization aiming to extend universal coverage and ensure Nirbadh services delivery.
- The Regional Office at Alwar shall serve the workers employed in the industrial and other establishments of the districts of Alwar.