With the help of the ISRO System for Safe and Sustainable Space Operation and Management (IS4OM), India has increased its ability to protect its space assets on its own. Mr. S Somanath, Secretary of the Department of Space and Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organization, are slated to officially launch the IS4OM in the presence of Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences.
- The IS40M system was developed with a comprehensive viewpoint, according to ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation), to assure the safety and sustainability of the space environment while enjoying the benefits of sustainable use of space for national development.
- Additionally, as part of IS4OM, specialised labs for space debris reduction and cleanup, compliance verification of UN/Inter-Agency Space Debris Coordination Committee (IADC) recommendations, and diverse R&D activities have been set up.
- A dedicated control centre for operations aimed at monitoring, tracking, and safeguarding India’s space assets was opened by ISRO in December 2020.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- ISRO Chairman: Shri S. Somanath
- Minister of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences: Dr. Jitendra Singh