“Chunauti”, a Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest has been launched by the Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad. The contest aims to further boost startups and software products with special attention on Tier-II towns of India.
The “Chunauti” contest will identify about 300 startups engaged in identified areas and offer them seed fund of upto Rs. 25 Lakh along with other facilities. For this programme, a budget of Rs. 95.03 Crore has been earmarked by the government for over a period of three years.
Under this programme, Ministry of Electronics and IT will invite startups in the following areas of work:
- Edu-Tech, Agri-Tech & Fin-Tech Solutions for masses
- Supply Chain, Logistics & Transportation Management
- Infrastructure & Remote monitoring
- Medical Healthcare, Diagnostic, Preventive & Psychological Care
- Jobs & Skilling, Linguistic tools & technologies