Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the three-day ‘North East Krishi Kumbhar-2023’ and took part in the 49th Foundation Day celebration of the ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Umiam. The Minister inaugurated the administrative cum academic block office and Girl’s Hostel of the College of Agriculture at Kyrdemkulai, Ri Bhoi district.
Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar Inaugurated ‘North East Krishi Kumbha-2023’- Key Points
- The Union Minister noted that the Northeast is the heaven of India and Meghalaya’s geographical scenario can be developed further with more efforts.
- He also noted that the farmers and farming should always be treated with honor.
- A farmer not only supports his family but also contributes to the agricultural economy of the country.
- The Government’s priority has always been to ensure the prosperity of farmers and the development of agriculture.
- India is now not only a food-producing nation but also an export.
- Live demonstrations and exhibitions of recent technologies through 102 stalls by the host Institute and its regional centers were the highlights of the North East Krishi Kumbha 2023.
About North East Krishi Kumbha 2023
A contingent of 26 persons comprising farmers adopted by ICAR local entrepreneurs, members of the Agri-business Incubation Centre, and representatives of farmers’ producer organization from various districts of the stage bound for ‘North East Krishi Kumbha 2023 was flagged off.
The team will participate and showcase different types of indigenous Agri products like Chakhao, Kachai Lemon, Tamenglong Orange, Sirarakhong, Chilli, King Chilli, and processed products including value-added products. The North East Krishi Kumbha 2023 was held at ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Umiam, Meghalaya from 4th January to 6th January 2023.