13 Expressways in the Nation
Uttar Pradesh‘s largest expressway network now has a foundation thanks to Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. The state will soon have better highway connectivity from many other nations throughout the world. The state now boasts 13 expressways, making it the first state in the nation to do so. Six of the 13 expressways totaling 3200 km are in use while the other seven are under construction.
- On July 16, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will officially open the 296 kilometre long Bundelkhand Expressway, which will link Bundelkhand and Delhi. In the last five years, CM Yogi has drastically altered the state’s infrastructure.
- The BJP government has put a lot of effort into revitalising the roads after realising that infrastructure is the economic growth engine and that roads are a reflection of advancement.
- A network of roadways linking other states and other nations has been established, starting from the hamlet and continuing through the streets to block and district offices. In 70 years, just 1.5 expressways were constructed.
- The NCR and western UP population’s long-standing request has been met by the double engine government. Taking the Delhi-Meerut Expressway as an illustration. Also, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the cornerstone for the 594 kilometre long Ganga Expressway.
- This expressway will help to bridge the hearts as well as shorten the distance between East and West. In addition, the construction of the Lucknow-Kanpur Expressway, Bundelkhand Expressway, Gorakhpur Link Expressway, Ghazipur-Ballia-Manjhighat Expressway, and Delhi-Dehradun Expressway will benefit all residents of the state. In addition, industrial corridors are being constructed beside motorways and expressways.
- Rapid, balanced, and inclusive growth as well as significant job potential will be accelerated by these corridors. There are designated lands for this. In case of an emergency, airstrips are also being constructed for Air Force aircraft to land and take off.
- People would have access to Delhi and other states thanks to the Bundelkhand Expressway. People in the districts of Chitrakoot, Banda, Mahoba, Hamirpur, Jalaun, Auraiya, and Etawah would profit from this. People will gain from the direct connection between Bundelkhand and Delhi, and Bundelkhand will be free of the stigma of being behind.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Chief Minister Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath