According to Chief Minister Office officials, the Uttar Pradesh government announced the creation of the first three all-female Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) battalions in the state. The objective of the action is to give women control over the state’s security. Additionally, by designating women beat constables, women’s aid desks were established at each of the state’s 1,584 police stations.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Uttar Pradesh first all-woman PAC battalions: Key Points
- Veer Naris inspired the naming of the brigade. In accordance with the policy, 20% of the state’s police force was set aside for the appointment of women in order to empower them while also providing protection.
- In honour of the state’s valiant and gallant women, three Provincial Sashastra Seema Bal PAC lady battalions are being formed.
- These three battalions are being called in honour of the Indian liberation fighters Rani Avantibai Lodhi, Uday Devi, and Jhalkari Bai.
- They are establishing themselves in Gorakhpur, Lucknow, and Badaun.
- One women’s battalion of the PAC is now in the process of posting 1262 positions.
- There are also positions for a shivirpal, nine assistant senanayaks, three deputy senanayaks, 24 inspectors, 108 head constables, 842 scavengers, and cooks.
Uttar Pradesh first all-woman PAC battalions: Official Statement
In India, women are considered as a form of ‘Shakti’. It is worth mentioning that along with making the women’s power of the state strong, self-reliant, giving them a safe environment is in the priority of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. While the daughters and women of the state are becoming self-reliant by taking advantage of the schemes of the Yogi government by joining self-employment with employment, the Yogi government has also given them an important role in the police forces to give them a safe environment.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Capital of Uttar Pradesh: Lucknow
- Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath