The Ministry of Railways and the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to form a strong collaborative working partnership for coordination and resource sharing in the provision of telecommunication facilities in the delivery and implementation of C-Telecom DOT’s Solutions and services in railways.
- During the MoU signing ceremony, Rajkumar Upadhyay, Executive Director and Chairman of the C-DOT Board, Aruna Singh, Additional Member, Telecom and Railway Board, and other top Railways and C-DOT personnel were present.
- This MoU will allow C-DOT and the Ministry of Railways to collaborate on telecommunications modernization in Indian Railways for Public Safety and Security Services using Long Term Evolution (LTE-R) for Railways in accordance with world standards, 5G Use Cases in Indian Railways in accordance with Make in India policy, Internet of Things, Unified Network Management System, Network Management System, Video Conference software, Chatting application, Routers and Switches.
- Long-Term Evolution for Railways (LTE-R) is a next-generation communications network specialised to railway services, allowing high-speed wireless voice and data connections within trains, as well as between trains.
- The collaboration between C-DOT and the Ministry of Railways will lower the total cost of ownership of indigenous telecom equipment and services for train operations, public safety, and security applications, boosting the Government of India’s Make in India initiative and bridging the digital divide in the country.
Important Takeaways for all Govt Exams:
- Minister of Railways: Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw
- Executive Director and Chairman of the C-DOT Board: Rajkumar Upadhyay
- Additional Member, Telecom and Railway Board: Aruna Singh