The Semicon India Conference-2022 will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Bengaluru will host this three-day conference. According to a Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) statement, the three-day conference is being held to advance Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s objective of making India a leader in electronics manufacturing, semiconductor design, production, and innovation.
- The conference is intended to serve as a springboard for the country’s aspiration to become a worldwide semiconductor hub and to develop the chip design and manufacturing ecosystem.
- This conference will feature eminent specialists from industry associations, research organisations, and academia.
- They will discuss policy, talent, and the government’s role and efforts in fostering a favourable growth environment for the country’s semiconductor ecosystem.
- Minister of State for MeitY Rajeev Chandrasekhar earlier stated that the Semicon India 2022 conference will attract the best minds from around the world from the semiconductor industry, research, and academia, and will serve as a major step toward realising Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of making India a global hub for electronics manufacturing and semiconductor industry.
Chandrasekhar further stated that the government expects a large number of memorandums of understanding (MOUs) to be inked during the three-day conference in order to build collaborations and alliances in the semiconductor industry.
Important Takeaways for all Govt Exams:
- Minister of Electronics and Information Technology : Rajeev Chandrasekhar