The World Athletics Championships were held in America for the first time. And in terms of medals, Team USA made the most of their time over the last 10 days. India came up at number 33 overall and fourth in Asia, just behind China, Japan, and Kazakhstan. More than three times as many as any other nation in the competition, and more than any other nation has ever won at a global championship, the United States finished the competition with a total of 33 medals. This includes 13 golds, the most of any nation.
Overall Medal Tally: Top 3 and India
- Algeria, Burkina Faso, Croatia, Greece, and South Korea have tied with India in 33rd position on the medal tally with 1 silver medal each.
- Men’s 100-meter dash, men’s 200-meter dash, and men’s shot put all saw American athletes sweep the podium.
- And Team USA’s domination at Oregon22 continued into the last day of competition.
- Athing Mu won gold medals in the men’s and women’s 4×400-meter relays as well as the women’s 800-meter race on Sunday, giving the United States a total of four podium finishers.
- With a combined total of 10 medals, Ethiopia, Jamaica, and Kenya each completed the global championships. With four gold medals, Ethiopia is in the lead, second only to China.
- Athletes from 43 different nations will take home at least one medal in total.