Veteran actor-director Satish Kaushik passes away
Veteran actor-writer-director Satish Kaushik has passed away at the age of 67. He was born on April 13, 1965, in Haryana, Kaushik was an alumnus of the NSD and the FTII, and started his film career in the early 1980s. He was an Indian actor, comedian, screenwriter, director and producer. He acted in theatres before finding his break in Bollywood.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Career of Satish Kaushik
- He directed Sridevi`s film, “Roop Ki Rani, Choron Ka Raja” and later “Prem”, both disasters, but he got his big hit with “Hum Aapke Dil Me Rehte Hain” and also “Tere Sang”, among many others.
- As a film actor, Satish Kaushik was known for his roles as Calendar in the 1987 superhero film, Mr India, as Pappu Pager in Deewana Mastana (1997), and as Chanu Ahmed in the British film Brick Lane (2007), directed by Sarah Gavron.
- Satish Kaushik also won the Filmfare Best Comedian Award in 1990 for Ram Lakhan and in 1997 for Saajan Chale Sasural.
- He penned the dialogues for the 1983 classic “Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron”, which acquired a cult following over the years. He is known for his comic roles as `Calendar` in “Mr. India”, “Pappu Pager” in “Deewana Mastana” among many others. Kaushik also gave sterling performances in other films like “Ram Lakhan” and “Saajan Chale Sasural”.
You may also read this:
- Renowned Bengali litterateur Sasthipada Chattopadhyay passes away
- Former Chief Justice of India AM Ahmadi passes away at 90