Vikram K. Doraiswami, a seasoned diplomat appointed as India’s new High Commissioner to the United Kingdom which is seen as a significant position given the two nations’ expanding strategic alliance. Vikram K. Doraiswami is Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh currently. He is an Indian Foreign Service officer from the 1992 batch. At May 1994, Vikram K. Doraiswami was appointed Third Secretary in the Indian High Commission in Hong Kong after completing his in-service training in New Delhi between 1992 and 1993.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Vikram K. Doraiswami: Highlights:
- When Vikram K. Doraiswami took office as Bangladesh’s ambassador to India in October 2020, relations between the two countries significantly expanded.
- Gaitri Issar Kumar, the high commissioner to the United Kingdom, left her position on June 30.
Vikram K Doraiswami: About
- In 1992, Mr. Vikram K. Doraiswami started working for the Indian Foreign Service.
- He was a journalist for a year before entering the Indian Foreign Services.
- He earned a Masters in History from the University of Delhi.
Vikram K Doraiswami: Career
- Vikram K Doraiswami received his in-service training in New Delhi from 1992 to 1993, and in May 1994 he was appointed Third Secretary in the Indian High Commission in Hong Kong.
- At the Chinese University of Hong Kong’s New Asia Yale-in-Asia language school, he studied Chinese as an elective and earned a diploma in it.
- In September 1996, he received a posting to the Indian Embassy in Beijing, where he spent the next close to four years.
- In 2000, Mr. Doraiswami returned to the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi and was appointed Deputy Chief of Protocol (Ceremonials).
- He was transferred to the Prime Minister’s Office after two years. Later, he worked as the Indian Prime Minister’s private secretary.
- Vikram K. Doraiswami was appointed Political Counselor at India’s Permanent Mission to the UN in New York in 2006, and from October 2009 to October 2010, he served as India’s Consul General in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Vikram K. Doraiswami, who served as the head of the division for the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) at the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in New Delhi, returned there in July 2011.
- He served as the Fourth BRICS Summit coordinator in March 2012 in New Delhi during this time.
- Vikram K. Doraiswami served as the MEA’s Joint Secretary for the Americas Division from October 2012 to October 2014. In October 2014, he was appointed Indian ambassador to Uzbekistan.
- In April 2015, he was appointed Indian ambassador to the Republic of Korea.
- Vikram K. Doraiswami returned to Headquarters in July 2018 after finishing this duty and took on the role of Head of Division for Bangladesh and Myanmar.
- He was given the responsibility of creating a new Division at MEA for the Indo-Pacific in April 2019.
- Vikram K. Doraiswami was appointed Additional Secretary with responsibility for International Organizations and Summits after being promoted in December 2019.