The World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting kicks off in Davos, Switzerland. The Indian delegation will be led by Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal throughout the five-day meeting. This event will assist to strengthen India’s status as a vital and relevant player in creating the global narrative, especially as it prepares to take over the G-20 presidency next year.
- Several industry executives will also take part in the World Economic Forum’s discussions.
- The World Economic Forum will also serve as a platform for promoting India as a desirable investment destination, owing to its strong economic development and stable macroeconomic indicators.
- Mr. Goyal will also visit the United Kingdom on the 26th and 27th of this month to discuss the progress made in the Free Trade Agreement negotiations with UK government and businesses.
- The Prime Ministers of India and the United Kingdom agreed to hold a summit conference in Diwali 2022 to finalise the Free Trade Agreement between the two countries.
- Commerce and Industry Minister: Piyush Goyal
- Health and Family Welfare Minister: Mansukh Mandaviya
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister: Hardeep Singh Puri
- Chief Ministers and Senior Ministers from Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Telangana will be among the delegation’s members.