The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) celebrates World Brain Day on every July 22, focusing on a different theme each year. According to WHO, good brain health is a state in which every individual can realize their own abilities and optimize their cognitive, emotional, psychological and behavioural functioning to cope with life situations.
What is the theme of World Brain Day 2022?
World Brain Day (WBD) 2022 is dedicated to the theme “Brain Health for all” as our brains continue to be challenged by pandemics, wars, climate change and the myriad of disorders impacting human existence globally.
WBD 2022 campaign will be focusing on these five key messages globally:
- Awareness: Brain health is vital for mental, social, and physical wellbeing
- Prevention: Many brain diseases are preventable
- Advocacy: Global efforts are required for optimal brain health
- Education: Education for all is key for brain health
- Access: Equitable access to resources, treatment, and rehabilitation is essential for brain health
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- World Federation of Neurology Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom;
- World Federation of Neurology Founded: 22 July 1957;
- World Federation of Neurology President: Prof. Wolfgang Grisold.