World Food Day 2022: Every year on October 16 in observance of the date the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the United Nations was established in 1945, World Food Day is marked. The main objectives are to combat world hunger and work toward its eradication. The World Food Day 2022 will take place this year with more focus on moving forward together. Every UN member state, including India, observes the day.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
World Food Day 2022: Theme
- The 16th of October 2022, a Sunday, will once again serve as the day for World Food Day 2022 celebrations.
- The theme for World Food Day 2022 is Leave NO ONE behind.
- “Safe food now for a healthy tomorrow” was the theme of World Food Day in 2021.
- The day is celebrated with an emphasis on the production and consumption of secure food that will, in the long run, benefit the population, the economy, and the environment.
World Food Day 2022: Status of Global Hunger
- More than the 785 million individuals that were counted in 2015, 821 million people suffer from chronic undernourishment.
- The majority of undernourished people—nearly 99%—live in developing countries.
- Women make up over 60% of the world’s hungry population.
- One in five deliveries occur without the assistance of a trained birth attendant.
- Every year, almost 20 million babies are delivered to low birth weight mothers; 96.5% of these babies are born in developing nations.
- Undernutrition causes almost 50% of all paediatric fatalities in children under the age of five.