Prakash Padukone awarded with SJFI medal: The Sports Journalists’ Federation of India medal (SJFI medal) for 2019 was presented to badminton legendary star Prakash Padukone during a cordial ceremony at the Karnataka State Cricket Association. Vijay Amritraj was the inaugural recipient of the award, which was established in 2018. The COVID-19 outbreak caused a delay in the 2019 award ceremony.
Prakash Padukone awarded with SJFI medal: Key Points
- In his remarks, Prakash Padukone discussed how badminton rose to become the “second most popular sport” in India.
- The award was created in 2018, and Vijay Amritraj was its first winner.
- The 2019 award presentation was postponed because to the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Cricket legend G.R. Viswanath was among those in attendance to honour the 1980 All England winner.
- Like Prakash Padukone, the legendary batter avoids the media, the camera, and public speaking. But he physically took the microphone to lead the praises because Padukone is ageless in this day of fleeting stardom.
Prakash Padukone awarded with SJFI medal: Other Legends in Attendance
- The attendees included former Indian batting champion V.V.S. Laxman, hockey stars Dhanraj Pillay and Arjun Halappa, international table tennis player Vasanth Bharadwaj, and badminton player Trupti Murgunde.
- The SJFI’s president, A. Vinod, greeted everyone.