YUVA 2.0 programme: The Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors, known as YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors), was launched by the Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Education on October 2. In order to promote India and Indian literature abroad, it is an author mentoring programme for young and aspiring writers (under 30 years old).
YUVA 2.0 programme : Key Points
- YUVA 2.0 aims to artistically and ingeniously emphasise the viewpoints of the younger generation of authors on the issue of “Democracy (institutions, events, people, constitutional ideals – past, present, future)” as part of the India@75 Project (Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav).
- In light of the last edition’s enormous effect, which includes broad participation from young and aspiring authors in 22 more Indian languages in addition to English, YUVA 2.0 is now being produced.
- This national initiative known as YUVA will significantly strengthen the basis of these future leaders while also celebrating India’s 75th anniversary of freedom.
- 75 authors will be chosen as part of an All India Contest that will be held on https://www.mygov.in/ between October 2 and November 30, 2022.
- The received ideas would be assessed between December 1, 2022, and January 31, 2023, with the winners being revealed on February 28, 2023.
- The young authors will receive instruction from renowned authors and mentors from March 1 through August 31, 2023.
- On October 2, 2023, the first batch of books will be released under the supervision.
YUVA 2.0 programme : Execution
As the implementing agency, the National Book Trust of India (under the BP Division of the Ministry of Education) will see to it that the Scheme is carried out under clear-cut phases of mentoring. The National Book Trust of India will publish the books produced under this initiative in order to ensure the exchange of culture and literature and to encourage “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.” The selected young authors will participate in literary festivals, have conversations with some of the best writers of all time, etc.