A decade after his retirement, there is news about plans to install a life-size statue of Sachin Tendulkar inside the iconic Wankhede stadium where he played his last game for India. The statue will be unveiled on April 23. It will be the legend’s 50th birthday. There is speculation that if everything does not work out well, the inauguration of the statue may be delayed until the 50-over World Cup planned later this year.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Tendulkar already has a stand named after him at Wankhede Stadium. Apart from Sachin, MCA has also honoured former Indian Captain Sunil Gavaskar with a corporate box and batsman Dilip Vengsarkar with a stand. Life-size statues of cricketers inside stadiums are rare in the country.
- However, there are wax statues of several players with stands named after them in their respective state associations. Also, many former cricketers have their statues at Madame Tussauds in London.
- Tendulkar played 200 Test matches, 463 one-day internationals, and one T20 for India. His record of most centuries (100) and most runs in international cricket (34,357) still stands tall and unbroken.
You may also read this:
- Supreme Court on Menstrual leave and its global standing
- IOC to set up green hydrogen plants at all refineries
Find More Miscellaneous News Here