India will formally take over the G-20 presidency from 1st December 2022. Several events are to take place across the country including the lighting of 100 monuments with the G-20 logo to mark the occasion.
The theme of India’s G-20 Presidency is Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam of One Earth One Family One Future. The theme affirms the value of life- human, animal, plant, and microorganisms and their interconnectedness on the planet earth and in the wider universe.
100 National Monuments illuminated to mark India’s Assumption of G -20 Presidency – Key Points
- The logo draws inspiration from the vibrant colors of India’s national flag.
- It juxtaposes planet earth with India’s national flower lotus which reflects growth amid challenges.
- The earth symbolizes India’s pro-planet approach to life, one in perfect harmony with nature.
- It is a big opportunity for India as the country will get a global center stage.
- During its Presidency, India will be holding about 200 meetings in 32 different sectors in multiple locations across the country.
- 100 monuments including UNESCO World Heritage sites carrying the G-20 logo will be lit up for seven days from 1 December to 7 December 2022.
- The list of 100 sites that be illuminated also includes Humayun’s Tomb and Purana Quila in Delhi, Modhera Sun Temple in Gujarat, Konark Sun Temple in Odisha, and Sher Shah Suri’s Tomb in Bihar.
- 19 countries are a part of the Group of Twenty (G-20).
- The G-20 comprises Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States, along with the European Union.