The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the top six engineering institutes of India for introducing Indian standards as an integral part of the curriculum. This initiative is towards institutionalizing engagement of BIS with eminent institutes to secure active participation of academia.
BIS signed MoU with top six Engineering Institutes of India- Key Points
- The MoU was signed with the Indian Institute of Technology BHU, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, and National Institute of Technology Trichy on 28 November 2022.
- The establishment will promote excellence and leadership in teaching and research & development in the field of science and various disciplines in the respective institutes.
- During the signing, Shri Pramod Kumar Tiwari, Director General, BIS informed that the MoU between the premium academic institutes & BIS would strengthen and enhance the standards formulation activity by facilitating Research & Development projects.
- It will encourage young minds’ involvement in the standardization process and jointly organize seminars, conferences, workshops symposia or lectures, training, and short-term education programs.
- He also emphasized the need to engage with start-ups & incubation centers and Academic Institutions in formulating new standards and compliance with the existing ones.
- It is also anticipated that technology innovation and standards development shall be interwoven seamlessly to foster the development of technology-oriented products and services.