The Tawazun Council signed 11 deals, worth Dhs5.8bn ($1.579bn), on the third day of the International Defence Exhibition (IDEX) and the Naval Defence Exhibition (NAVDEX) 2023. A total of nine deals were inked with local and international companies on behalf of the Ministry of Defence, and two contracts worth Dhs134m were sealed on behalf of Abu Dhabi Police.
The contracts signed on the behalf of the defense ministry were awarded to four local companies, with a total value of Dhs5.05bn. On the other hand, five contracts, worth Dhs694m were signed with international companies.
11 Deals Worth $1.5bn Signed at NAVDEX 2023 on Third day of IDEX- Key Points
- The biggest two contracts were awarded to subsidiaries of Edge Group. These included a Dhs4bn deal sealed with Earth to develop a tactical data link network, and a Dhs1bn contract to Halcon to procure the Al Tariq system.
- A contract worth Dhs28m was signed with International Diving Trade to provide technical support to the boat workshop, while a Dhs27m contract was inked with International Golden Group to procure scanning and monitoring devices.
- The international contracts included two with France’s Thales – one worth Dhs176m to provide technical support for the GM-200 radars and another Dhs6m pact to provide technical support and training on CMS.
- A Dhs407m contract with French firm Naval Group, to procure Anti-Torpedoes’ CANTO systems and mu-90 torpedoes was also sealed.
- The two deals signed on behalf of Abu Dhabi Police include a contract worth Dhs62m with Leonardo of Italy to procure an AW139 Helicopter, and a Dhs72m contract with Edge subsidiary Nimr to procure Ajban vehicle 4X4.
- Under SPRINT Scheme Indian Navy To Get Autonomous Weaponised Boat Swarms
- In a 1st, Indian submarine INS Sindhukesari docks in Indonesia