The 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas Convention is to be held in Indore, Madhya Pradesh in January 2023. External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar launched the website of the 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas Convention with Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan and Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan.
Key Points related to the 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas Convention
- Dr. Jaishankar highlighted the construction industry of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the government for giving the highest priority to the Indian Diaspora.
- Government engagement is founded in the 4Cs: Care, Connect, Celebrate, and Contribute.
- The External Affairs Minister expressed confidence that the 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas Convention will be an important landmark event in the post-pandemic world.
- During the occasion, Secretary in Consular, Passport, visa, and Overseas Indian Affairs Division of the Ministry of External Affairs Ausaf Sayeed was also present on the occasion.
- The Pravasi Bhartiya Divas is celebrated every year on the 9th of January to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community to the development of India.
- It also commemorates the return of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa to India on 9th January 1951.