Prime Minister’s development initiative for North East region (PM-DevINE), was approved by the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The PM-DevINE is a Rs 6,600 crore scheme to support infrastructure, industries, and other Livelihood projects in northeastern states of India.
Key Points related to PM-DevINE
- The PM-DevINE is a 100 percent Central Government funded plan and will be administered by the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region (DoNER).
- This scheme is going to be implemented during the remaining four years of the 15th Financial Commission from 2022-2023 to 2025-2026.
- The PM-DevINE is aimed to be completed by the year 2025-2026 so that there are no committed liabilities beyond this year.
- The PM-DevINE will lead to the creation of infrastructure, support industries, social development projects, and create livelihood activities for youth and women.
- For the maintenance and operations of the project measures will be taken so that the projects are sustainable.
- The scheme will be implemented by the DoNER Ministry through the North Eastern Council (NEC).