The 19th edition of YUDH ABHYAS is set to commence in Alaska, USA. This annual exercise is a collaborative effort between the Indian Army and the US Army, aimed at strengthening military cooperation and readiness.
Indian Army Contingent Participation
- The Indian Army contingent, consisting of 350 personnel, will actively take part in this edition of the exercise.
- The lead battalion representing India hails from the esteemed MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment.
Focus on Enhancing Interoperability
- During YUDH ABHYAS, both sides will engage in a series of tactical drills geared towards enhancing interoperability, particularly in the context of UN peacekeeping operations.
- The exercise will facilitate the exchange of views and best practices related to a broad spectrum of combat skills.
Combat Skill Development
- The training will encompass various combat skills, including combat engineering, obstruction clearance, and expertise in countering mines and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
- Participants from both the Indian and US armies will collaborate closely to improve their proficiency in these essential areas.