In a significant stride towards advancing animal health and husbandry, India is playing host to the 33rd Conference of the World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH) Regional Commission for Asia and the Pacific. The event, slated from November 13 to 16, 2023, is unfolding in the city of New Delhi.
Dignitaries Grace the 33rd WOAH Regional Commission Conference in New Delhi
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying, Shri Parshottam Rupala, will lead the inauguration and conclusion ceremonies.
- Adding to the dignified presence, Union Ministers of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying, Dr. Sanjeev Balyan and Dr. L Murugan, are actively participating in the conference.
Decision and Venue
- The decision to hold this significant gathering was solidified during the 90th General Session of the World Assembly of Delegates of the WOAH in Paris in May 2023.
- The esteemed Hotel Taj Mahal in New Delhi was chosen as the venue for this regional commission conference, offering a blend of elegance and functionality to the proceedings.
Host and Participants
- Under the aegis of the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying, the conference is drawing delegates from 36 member countries, including India.
- Senior officers from regional and international organizations, along with representatives from the private sector and private veterinary organizations in the region, are actively participating.
- The diverse participant pool promises a wealth of perspectives in addressing the challenges and opportunities within the veterinary and animal husbandry domain.
Navigating Pandemic Challenges
- Against the backdrop of the ongoing challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference underscores the critical role of scientific expertise in assessing risks at the human-animal-environment interface.
- It aims to emphasize the necessity of enhancing resilience and capacity in Veterinary Services to prepare for future challenges.
- Face-to-face Regional Conferences like this one continue to play a crucial role in facilitating closer contact, active dialogue, and meaningful debates among delegates, invited experts, and key regional partners.
A Week of Dialogue and Networking
- The conference will foster valuable discussions and build essential networking relationships for a week
- The conference serves as a platform for exchanging insights, sharing best practices, and collectively strategizing for a more robust future in animal health and husbandry.
- The active participation of key figures from the government, scientific community, and private sector is contributing to the success of this event and enhancing the overall regional approach to animal welfare and health.