$500 Million Accelerator Program to Strengthen Agri Startups: Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar announced that the central government will launch a Rs 500 crore accelerator programme to support the productive ideas of agro businesses. On the second day of the PM Kisan Samman Sammelan, Tomar made numerous significant announcements regarding big policy efforts for agriculture entrepreneurs.
$500 Million Accelerator Program to Strengthen Agri Startups: Key Points
- Narendra Singh Tomar stated that an executive committee made up of relevant organisations.
- This will include the Department of Agriculture Research and Education (DARE), DPIIT, agricultural incubators and knowledge partners, agricultural universities, research institutes, top investors, and other stakeholders would be established under the chairmanship of the agriculture secretary.
- Additionally, a webpage will be established to compile a database of all farm startups and track their progress.
Narendra Singh Tomar on the $500 Million Accelerator Program:
- To support startups in the agriculture sector, efforts would be made to organise agri startup conclaves at the national and regional levels.
- the administration is dedicated to technological advancement. The government wants our startups to help the nation and the rest of the globe by resolving current problems.
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), the DARE, and other organisations, including the Ministry of Agriculture, are all working extremely hard in this area.
- According to Narendra Singh Tomar, technology must be made more accessible to the general public in order for it to have a genuine impact on society.
- Startups should prioritise their sector and focus so that farmers can profit fully from their output.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Agriculture Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar