At the opening ceremony of the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI), Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi was honoured with the Indian Film Personality of the Year 2022 award. Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting Anurag Thakur announced that the Indian Film Personality of the Year award will be conferred upon megastar Chiranjeevi. In a career spanning nearly four decades, Chiranjeevi has acted in more than 150 films, primarily in the Telugu film industry.
All About Megastar Chiranjeevi:
- Chiranjeevi is a renowned Indian actor, film producer, philanthropist and politician who has predominantly worked in Telugu cinema. Actor Chiranjeevi has starred in over 150 films in his career. He has acted in Telegu, Tamil, and Hindi movies. His debut with Punadhirallu in 1978 set the screen for him.
- In 2006, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civilian award, for his contributions to Indian cinema and was presented with an honorary doctorate from Andhra University.
- In his four decade film career, Chiranjeevi has won the Andhra Pradesh state’s highest film award, the Raghupathi Venkaiah Award, three Nandi Awards, and nine Filmfare Awards, Telugu.
- He served as the Minister of Tourism for the Government of India from 2012 and 2014.
- He captured the imagination of the masses with his performance in Initlo Ramayya Veedilo Krishnayya in 1982.
- He’s admired for his zestful dance performances and fight sequences brimming with power. He takes an active part in philanthropy through his organisation, The Chiranjeevi Charitable Foundation, which was founded in 1998.