For the first time in the history of the Indian Army, 6 women officers will attend the prestigious Defence Services Staff College (DSSC). Out of 15 women officers who appeared for this year’s examination for DSSC, six cracked the competition.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
6 Women Officers Clear Defence Services Staff College Examination- Key Points
- Every year, 1,500-1,600 officers sit in the prestigious exam, however, only around 300 get selected.
- The Indian Army– National Defence College, High Command, and Higher Defence Management- which are all nominated, selection to the Defence Services Staff College (DSSC) is based on a competitive examination.
- The other courses such as the Higher Command, Higher Defence Management, and National Defence College are based on nominations.
- DSSC Course is the only course conducted by the Indian Army for which the officers have to complete and clear all six papers that include tactics, law, and military history.
- DSSC Course begins at the end of June every year and goes on till May of the subsequent year.
Find More News Related to Defence