For the first time in the history of the Indian Army, 6 women officers will attend the prestigious Defence Services Staff College (DSSC). Out of 15 women officers who appeared for this year’s examination for DSSC, six cracked the competition.
6 Women Officers Clear Defence Services Staff College Examination- Key Points
- Every year, 1,500-1,600 officers sit in the prestigious exam, however, only around 300 get selected.
- The Indian Army– National Defence College, High Command, and Higher Defence Management- which are all nominated, selection to the Defence Services Staff College (DSSC) is based on a competitive examination.
- The other courses such as the Higher Command, Higher Defence Management, and National Defence College are based on nominations.
- DSSC Course is the only course conducted by the Indian Army for which the officers have to complete and clear all six papers that include tactics, law, and military history.
- DSSC Course begins at the end of June every year and goes on till May of the subsequent year.